Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices of US Travelers to Asia Regarding Seasonal Influenza and H5N1 Avian Influenza Prevention Measures
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2010
Published 2010. This article is a US Government work and is in the public domain in the USA.
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 17, Issue 6, pages 374–381, November/December 2010
How to Cite
Yanni, E. A., Marano, N., Han, P., Edelson, P. J., Blumensaadt, S., Becker, M., Dwyer, S., Crocker, K., Daley, T., Davis, X., Gallagher, N., Balaban, V., McCarron, M., Mounts, A., Lipman, H., Brown, C. and Kozarsky, P. (2010), Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices of US Travelers to Asia Regarding Seasonal Influenza and H5N1 Avian Influenza Prevention Measures. Journal of Travel Medicine, 17: 374–381. doi: 10.1111/j.1708-8305.2010.00458.x
The data were presented orally at the CISTM Budapest, May 2009.
- Issue published online: 2 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2010
- 1Travel and the emergence of infectious diseases. J Agromed 2004; 9:161–177.
- 2U.S. Department of Commerce, Office of Travel and Tourism Industries: Survey of International Air Travelers 2006. International Trade Administration. Available at: http://www.ita.doc.gov/media/Publications. (Accessed 2007 Nov 30).
- 3National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2007: with chart book on trends in the health of Americans. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus07.pdf. (Accessed 2007 Dec 15).
- 5CDC. Update: novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infections—worldwide, May 6, 2009. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2009; 58:453–458.
- 6World Health Organization (WHO). Cumulative number of confirmed human cases of avian influenza A (H5N1) reported to WHO. Available at: http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/country/cases_table_2009_12_21/en/index.html. (Retrieved 2009 Dec 23).
- 9CDC. Influenza vaccination coverage among children and adults—United States, 2008–09 influenza season. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2009; 58:1091–1095.
- 10CDC. Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2009. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2009; 58:1–52.
- 12CDC. Interim results: state-specific seasonal influenza vaccination coverage—United States, August 2009–January 2010. Morbid Mortal Wkly Rep 2010; 59:77–487.
- 20A comparative study of sources of pretravel health advice. In: 5th International Conference on Travel Medicine; 1997; Geneva, Switzerland (Abstract 140)., , ,