The data were presented in poster form at the 4th Northern European Conference on Travel Medicine in Dublin, 6–8 June 2012.
Business Travelers' Risk Perception of Infectious Diseases: Where Are the Knowledge Gaps, and How Serious Are They?
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
© 2012 International Society of Travel Medicine
Journal of Travel Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 1, pages 11–16, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Wynberg, E., Toner, S., Wendt, J. K., Visser, L. G., Breederveld, D. and Berg, J. (2013), Business Travelers' Risk Perception of Infectious Diseases: Where Are the Knowledge Gaps, and How Serious Are They?. Journal of Travel Medicine, 20: 11–16. doi: 10.1111/j.1708-8305.2012.00673.x
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 17 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2012
- 1Shell Global 2012. Working around the world. Available at: www.shell.com/home/content/aboutshell/who_we_are/shell_worldwide. (Accessed 2012 Jan 21)
- 2The Shell frequent business traveler program: a risk-based approach. Nice, France: Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) International, 2008., , , .
- 6World Health Organization. Infectious diseases of potential risk for travelers. In: Nuttall I, ed. International travel and health. Geneva: WHO Press, 2005:46. Available at: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2005/9241580364_chap5.pdf. (Accessed 2012 Aug 20)
- 7Influenza in travelers: epidemiology, risk, prevention, and control issues. Curr Infect Dis Rep 2010; 12:181–185..
- 10Global health surveillance and travelers' health. Curr Opin Infect Dis 2009; 22:423–429., .
- 112012.. Regional Health Manager Europe, Russia, CIS and Global Lead for Health in Projects at Shell International, the Hague, the Netherlands.
- 12Dutch Schiphol Airport Study Group. Trends in knowledge, attitudes, and practices of travel risk groups toward prevention of hepatitis A: results from the Dutch Schiphol Airport Survey 2002 to 2009. J Travel Med 2012; 19:35–43., , , ,
- 15BBC News. Air travel “fuelled SARS spread.” 17 Dec 2003. Available at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3329483.stm. (Accessed 2012 Jul 11)