Version of Record online: 6 JUL 2005
Population and Development Review
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 373–383, June 2005
How to Cite
(2005), Book Reviews. Population and Development Review, 31: 373–383. doi: 10.1111/j.1728-4457.2005.00071.x
- Issue online: 6 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 6 JUL 2005
- 2004. “Social inequality and depressive disorders in Bahia, Brazil: Interactions of gender, ethnicity, and social class,”Social Science and Medicine 59 (7): 1339–1353. , , , , , , and .
- 2005. “Bombay dreams,”Newsweek International, edition of 25 April. and .
- 2003. “Contextualizing mental health: Gendered experiences in a Mumbai slum,”Anthropology and Medicine 10 (3): 291–308. , , and .
- UN Human Settlement Programme (UN-Habitat). 2003. The Challenge of Slums: Global Report on Human Settlements 2003. London : Earthscan.
- UN Millennium Project. 2005. A Home in the City. Task Force on Improving the Lives of Slum Dwellers. London : Earthscan.
- World Health Organization. 2001. The World Health Report 2001. Mental Health: New Understanding, New Hope. Geneva : World Health Organization.
- 2005. “Real wages in Europe and Asia: A first look at the long-term patterns,”in Robert C.Allen, TommyBengtsson, and MartinDribe, (eds.), Living Standards in the Past: New Perspectives on Well-Being in Asia and Europe. Oxford : Oxford University Press, ch. 5.
- 2002. “The agricultural revolution? England 1500–1912,”unpublished ms., University of California, Davis . .
- 2002. “Efflorescences and economic growth in world history: Rethinking the ‘Rise of the West’ and the British Industrial Revolution,”Journal of World History 13: 323–389.