Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2008
© 2008 The Population Council, Inc.
Population and Development Review
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 169–177, March 2008
How to Cite
(2008), BOOK REVIEWS. Population and Development Review, 34: 169–177. doi: 10.1111/j.1728-4457.2008.00211.x
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2008
- 1981. “The mechanisms of demographic change in historical perspective,” Population Studies 35(1): 5–27.
- 1963. World Revolution and Family Patterns New York : Free Press of Glencoe.
- 2000. “Why marriage? Matrimony at the Millennium offers solace to capitalism,” Harper's Magazine (June).
- 1992. The Way We Never Were: American Families and the Nostalgia Trap New York : Basic Books.
- 2005. Marriage, A History: From Obedience to Intimacy, or How Love Conquered Marriage New York : Viking.
- 1983. Patriarchy and Socialist Revolution in China Berkeley : University of California Press.
- 1990. Brave New Families: Stories of Domestic Upheaval in Late Twentieth Century America New York : Basic Books.
- 2006. “Gay parenthood and the decline of paternity as we knew it,” Sexualities 9(1): 27–55.