World Development Report 2009: Reshaping Economic Geography
Article first published online: 19 MAR 2009
© 2009 The Population Council, Inc.
Population and Development Review
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 197–200, March 2009
How to Cite
Montgomery, M. R. (2009), World Bank. Population and Development Review, 35: 197–200. doi: 10.1111/j.1728-4457.2009.00266.x
- Issue published online: 19 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 19 MAR 2009
- 2009. “More than a name: Why is Global Urban Population Mapping a GRUMPy proposition?,” in PaoloGamba and MartinHerold (eds.), Global Mapping of Human Settlement: Experiences, Data Sets, and Prospects. New York and Oxford : Taylor and Francis, forthcoming. .
- 1998. “What do we know about recent trends in urbanization?,” in Richard E.Bilsborrow (eds.), Migration, Urbanization, and Development: New Directions and Issues. New York : United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), pp. 59–88. , , and .
- 2004. Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics. Elsevier North-Holland. , and (eds.).
- 1984a. “Population growth, industrial revolutions, and the urban transition,” Population and Development Review 10(3): 419–441. and
- 1984b. What Drives Third World City Growth? A Dynamic General Equilibrium Approach. Princeton : Princeton University Press. and
- 2006. “Geography and macroeconomics: New data and new findings,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 103(10): 3510–3517.
- Panel on Urban Population Dynamics. 2003. Cities Transformed: Demographic Change and Its Implications in the Developing World, Mark R.Montgomery, RichardStren, BarneyCohen, and Holly E.Reed (eds.). Washington , DC : National Academies Press.
- 2005. A Handbook of Urbanization in India: An Analysis of Trends and Processes. New Delhi : Oxford University Press. , , and .
- UNFPA. 2007. State of World Population 2007: Unleashing the Potential of Urban Growth. New York : United Nations Population Fund.
- United Nations. 2008. World Urbanization Prospects: The 2007 Revision. New York .