Clinic-based Surveillance of Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes to Identify Induced Abortions in Accra, Ghana
Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2008
© 2008 The Population Council, Inc.
Studies in Family Planning
Volume 39, Issue 2, pages 133–140, June 2008
How to Cite
Oliveras, E., Ahiadeke, C., Adanu, R. M. and Hill, A. G. (2008), Clinic-based Surveillance of Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes to Identify Induced Abortions in Accra, Ghana. Studies in Family Planning, 39: 133–140. doi: 10.1111/j.1728-4465.2008.00160.x
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2008
- Version of Record online: 20 MAY 2008
- 2005. “Profile of women with abortion complications in Ghana. Tropical Doctor 35(3): 139–142. , , and
- 2001. “Incidence of induced abortion in southern Ghana. International Family Planning Perspectives 27(2): 96–101, 108.
- 1997. “Estimating childhood mortality trends from routine data: A simulation exercise using the Preceding Birth Technique in Bangladesh. Demography 34(3): 411–420. , , and
- 1992. “Investigating induced abortion in developing countries: Methods and problems. Studies in Family Planning 23(3): 159–170. , , et al.
- 1976. Sexual Relationships and Birth Control in Ghana: A Case Study of a Rural Town. Amsterdam : Anthropology-Sociology Center, University of Amsterdam.
- 1978. “Induced abortion in a Ghanaian family. African Studies Review 21(1): 103–120.
- 1984. “Childhood mortality estimated from reports on previous births given by mothers at the time of a maternity: Preceding-births technique. Asian and Pacific Census Forum 11(2): 5–8. and
- 1985. “Childhood mortality estimated from reports on previous births given by mothers at the time of a maternity: Adapted multiplying factor technique. Asian and Pacific Census Forum 11(4): 5–9.
- 2003. “Introduction: Induced abortion in a changing world.” In The Sociocultural and Political Aspects of Abortion: Global Perspectives. Ed. Alaka M.Basu Westport , CT : Praeger Publishers. Pp. 1–14. and
- 1955. “Construct validity in psychological tests. Psychological Bulletin 52(4): 281–302. and
- 2005. “HIV prevalence and risk factors in women of Accra, Ghana: Results from the Women's Health Study of Accra. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 73(1): 63–66. , , , , , , and .
- 2002. Obstetrics: Normal and Problem Pregnancies. Edinburgh : Churchill Livingstone. , , and (eds.)
- Ghana Statistical Service (GSS), Macro International, and MEASURE DHS. 1999. 1998 Ghana Demographic and Health Survey. Accra and Calverton , MD : GSS, Macro International, and Measure DHS.
- Ghana Statistical Service (GSS), Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, and ORC Macro. 2004. 2003 Ghana Demographic and Health Survey. Calverton , MD : Macro International.
- 2001. “Complications of induced abortion and miscarriage in three African countries: A hospital-based study among WHO collaborating centers. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica 80(6): 568–573. , , , , and
- 2002. “Fertility regulation among women in Abidjan, Côte d'sIvoire: Contraception, abortion or both. International Family Planning Perspectives 28(3): 159–166. and
- 1990. “Childhood mortality estimates using the preceding birth technique: Some applications and extensions. Population Studies 44(2): 317–340. and
- 1988. “Monitoring changes in child mortality: New methods for use in developing countries. Health Policy and Planning 3(3): 214–226. and
- IPAS. 2000. “Abortion and human rights in sub-Saharan Africa (with cases on South Africa, Senegal, Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya). Initiatives in Reproductive Health Policy 3(2): 1–12.
- 1999. “Induced abortion in the developing world: Evaluating an indirect estimation technique. Dissertation Abstracts International 60(4): 1341A. and
- 1999. Private Health Care Provision in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. Bethesda , MD : Partnerships for Health Reform Project, Abt Associates. , , , and
- 2005. “The role of induced abortion in the fertility transition in Accra, Ghana.” In Reproductive Change in Ghana: Recent Patterns and Future Prospects. Eds. SamuelAgyei-Mensah, John B.Casterline, and Dominic K.Agyeman Accra : University of Ghana Press. Pp. 193–212. , , and
- 1989. “Continuous monitoring of child mortality from clinic records. Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 92(2): 71–74. , , and .
- 2003. “Estimating induced abortion rates: A review. Studies in Family Planning 34(2): 87–102.
- 2003. “Abortion care in a teaching hospital in Ghana. International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics 82(1): 77–78. and .
- 2006. “Stillbirth rates: Delivering estimates in 190 countries. Lancet 367(9,521): 1,487–1,494. , , , , and
- 2002. “Abortion at Komfo Anokye teaching hospital. Ghana Medical Journal 36(2): 60–64. , , and .
- 1998. “Reproductive epidemiology.” In Modern Epidemiology. Eds. Kenneth J.Rothman and SanderGreenland. Philadelphia : Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins. Pp. 585–608. and .