Research for this article was funded by National Science Foundation Grant SES-0242106. We are grateful to Paul von Hippel for advice on data imputation; to Geoffrey Cohen for comments on an earlier draft; and to John Darley, Don Green, Paul Sniderman, and Christopher Winship for their invaluable guidance as members of our study advisory panel. Most of all, we are indebted to the late Mary Douglas for inspiration and for supportive, albeit often painfully direct, counsel on our research methods.
Culture and Identity-Protective Cognition: Explaining the White-Male Effect in Risk Perception
Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2007
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 4, Issue 3, pages 465–505, November 2007
How to Cite
Kahan, D. M., Braman, D., Gastil, J., Slovic, P. and Mertz, C. K. (2007), Culture and Identity-Protective Cognition: Explaining the White-Male Effect in Risk Perception. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 4: 465–505. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2007.00097.x
- Issue online: 11 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2007
Vol. 5, Issue 3, 645, Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!