Support for the research on which this article is based has been provided by Atlantic Philanthropies in a grant to the Center for Democracy and the Third Sector (CDATS) at Georgetown University, and by the Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government, and Public Policy at Washington University in St. Louis. Marc Morjé Howard, with the assistance of James L. Gibson, was primarily responsible for executing that survey. I greatly appreciate Howard's untiring efforts on the 2005 project, as well as the support for this research provided by Steven S. Smith. Gregory A. Caldeira, Damon Cann, Jeffrey Yates, Gerhard Loewenberg, and Robert Y. Shapiro provided most useful comments on an earlier version of this article. I also appreciate the research assistance of Marc Hendershot, Jessica Flanigan, and Christina Boyd.
The Legitimacy of the U.S. Supreme Court in a Polarized Polity
Article first published online: 11 SEP 2007
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 4, Issue 3, pages 507–538, November 2007
How to Cite
Gibson, J. L. (2007), The Legitimacy of the U.S. Supreme Court in a Polarized Polity. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 4: 507–538. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2007.00098.x
- Issue published online: 11 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 11 SEP 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!