The author thanks Joseph Kearney and Thomas Merrill for generously sharing their data; Chris Nicholson for his exemplary research assistance; and Ernesto Calvo, Bob Carp, Tim Hellwig, Wendy Martinek, and Lisa Solowiej for their insightful comments on previous versions of this article. This research was supported in part by National Science Foundation Research Grant SES-0350416. The author is solely responsible for any errors in fact and/or judgment. A previous version of this article was presented at the 2005 Annual Meeting of the New York State Political Science Association.
Amici Curiae and Dissensus on the U.S. Supreme Court
Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2008
©2008, Copyright the Author
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 5, Issue 1, pages 143–170, March 2008
How to Cite
Collins, P. M. (2008), Amici Curiae and Dissensus on the U.S. Supreme Court. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 5: 143–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2007.00121.x
- Issue online: 4 FEB 2008
- Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!