Special thanks to my colleagues, including Steven K. Smith and Lynn Langton for reviewing earlier works of this article. Paula L. Hannaford-Agor, Michael Heise, David Levin, Nicole Waters, and an anonymous reviewer also provided helpful suggestions and comments. I'm especially indebted to Theodore Eisenberg for providing the ideas that resulted in the genesis of this article. The views and opinions expressed in this article are mine alone. They do not represent the views of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the Office of Justice Programs, or the U.S. Department of Justice.
General Civil Jury Trial Litigation in State and Federal Courts: A Statistical Portrait
Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Author. Journal compilation © 2008, Cornell Law School and Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 593–617, September 2008
How to Cite
Cohen, T. H. (2008), General Civil Jury Trial Litigation in State and Federal Courts: A Statistical Portrait. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 5: 593–617. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2008.00134.x
- Issue online: 5 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!