I am grateful for research assistance provided by Caroline Weber and Brian Scheutzle, and for helpful comments on an earlier draft provided by Jon Bakija, Dhammika Dharmapala, Ronen Palan, an anonymous referee, and participants in seminar presentations at Columbia Law School, Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy, and the Conference on Empirical Legal Studies at NYU.
Why Is Elvis on Burkina Faso Postage Stamps? Cross-Country Evidence on the Commercialization of State Sovereignty
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Author. Journal compilation © 2008, Cornell Law School and Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 5, Issue 4, pages 683–712, December 2008
How to Cite
Slemrod, J. (2008), Why Is Elvis on Burkina Faso Postage Stamps? Cross-Country Evidence on the Commercialization of State Sovereignty. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 5: 683–712. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2008.00138.x
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!