An earlier version of this article was entitled “Weak Shareholder Rights: A Product Market Rational.” We thank Judy Chevalier, Theodore Eisenberg (the editor), Yaniv Grinstein, Wei Jiang, Gideon Saar, Matthew Spiegel, and an anonymous referee, as well as seminar participants at the 2007 Conference on Empirical Legal Studies at NYU, Arizona State, Chicago GSB, Cornell, Duke, Harvard Law School, Indiana, Illinois, INSEAD, Michigan State, Northwestern, NYU-Stern, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, UNC, Tilburg, and Yale for their comments. Dasol Kim and Zhenxu Tong provided excellent research assistance. All errors are our own.
Takeover Defenses and Competition: The Role of Stakeholders
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2008, Cornell Law School and Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 5, Issue 4, pages 791–818, December 2008
How to Cite
Cremers, K. J. M., Nair, V. B. and Peyer, U. (2008), Takeover Defenses and Competition: The Role of Stakeholders. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 5: 791–818. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2008.00141.x
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!