Research for this article was supported by Vanderbilt's Cecil D. Branstetter Litigation & Dispute Resolution Program and Law & Business Program. I am grateful for comments I received from Dale Collins, Robin Effron, Ted Eisenberg, Deborah Hensler, Richard Nagareda, Randall Thomas, an anonymous referee for this journal, and participants at workshops at Vanderbilt Law School, the University of Minnesota Law School, the 2009 Meeting of the Midwestern Law and Economics Association, and the 2009 Conference on Empirical Legal Studies. I am also grateful for the research assistance of Drew Dorner, David Dunn, James Gottry, Chris Lantz, Gary Peeples, Keith Randall, Andrew Yi, and, especially, Jessica Pan.
An Empirical Study of Class Action Settlements and Their Fee Awards
Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Author. Journal compilation © 2010, Cornell Law School and Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 7, Issue 4, pages 811–846, December 2010
How to Cite
Fitzpatrick, B. T. (2010), An Empirical Study of Class Action Settlements and Their Fee Awards. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 7: 811–846. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2010.01196.x
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!