I thank Jeff Manza and David Greenberg for their extensive and patient assistance, in addition to Pat Sharkey, John Hagan, Ronen Avraham, Catherine Capellaro, Brian McCabe, commentators at the Empirical Legal Studies conference in Los Angeles, and two anonymous reviewers at the Journal of Empirical Legal Studies for their insightful and helpful comments that greatly improved this article. I dedicate this article to the memory of Art Goldberger (1930–2009), a wonderful friend and teacher of econometrics who taught me to practice with caution and respect this science, whose powers of obfuscation and clarification are great.
Community Characteristics and Tort Law: The Importance of County Demographic Composition and Inequality to Tort Trial Outcomes
Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 413–447, June 2011
How to Cite
Kohler-Hausmann, I. (2011), Community Characteristics and Tort Law: The Importance of County Demographic Composition and Inequality to Tort Trial Outcomes. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 8: 413–447. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2011.01214.x
- Issue online: 12 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!