I thank Omri Ben-Shahar and Saul Levmore (University of Chicago, Law School) for their generous advice on topics in this article. The participants in the Cornell University Law School “By the Numbers Conference” (October 4, 2010, Ithaca, NY) also provided many useful comments on early versions of the article. The Chicago Booth Graduate School of Business provided financial support for the original research underlying this article.
The Challenge to Produce Useful “Legal Numbers”
Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Special Issue: Judgment by the Numbers: Converting Qualitative to Quantitative Judgments in Law
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s1, pages 6–20, December 2011
How to Cite
Hastie, R. (2011), The Challenge to Produce Useful “Legal Numbers”. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 8: 6–20. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2011.01224.x
- Issue online: 22 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!