I thank Omri Ben-Shahar and Saul Levmore (University of Chicago, Law School) for their generous advice on topics in this article. The participants in the Cornell University Law School “By the Numbers Conference” (October 4, 2010, Ithaca, NY) also provided many useful comments on early versions of the article. The Chicago Booth Graduate School of Business provided financial support for the original research underlying this article.
The Challenge to Produce Useful “Legal Numbers”
Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Special Issue: Judgment by the Numbers: Converting Qualitative to Quantitative Judgments in Law
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s1, pages 6–20, December 2011
How to Cite
Hastie, R. (2011), The Challenge to Produce Useful “Legal Numbers”. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 8: 6–20. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2011.01224.x
- Issue published online: 22 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!