The authors thank Ori Heffetz, Ren Mu, Christine Durrance, and Emily Owens, as well as seminar participants at Stanford University, Cornell University, University of Houston Center for Public Policy, Hong Kong University, Brigham Young, National Taiwan University, the American Law and Economic Association, the American Economic Association Annual Meetings, and American Society of Health Economists for helpful comments.
What's an Apology Worth? Decomposing the Effect of Apologies on Medical Malpractice Payments Using State Apology Laws
Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Special Issue: Judgment by the Numbers: Converting Qualitative to Quantitative Judgments in Law
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s1, pages 179–199, December 2011
How to Cite
Ho, B. and Liu, E. (2011), What's an Apology Worth? Decomposing the Effect of Apologies on Medical Malpractice Payments Using State Apology Laws. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 8: 179–199. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2011.01226.x
- Issue published online: 22 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!