I thank Matthew Freedman, Valerie Hans, Jonathan Koehler, Anne Piehl, and the Cornell Institute for the Social Sciences Program on Judgment, Decision Making, and Social Behavior for financial support. Michael Shores and Justin Hoffman provided invaluable research assistance. All mistakes are my own.
Truthiness in Punishment: The Far Reach of Truth-in-Sentencing Laws in State Courts
Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Special Issue: Judgment by the Numbers: Converting Qualitative to Quantitative Judgments in Law
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s1, pages 239–261, December 2011
How to Cite
Owens, E. G. (2011), Truthiness in Punishment: The Far Reach of Truth-in-Sentencing Laws in State Courts. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 8: 239–261. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2011.01228.x
- Issue published online: 22 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!