This research was supported by a grant from the Israeli Binational Science Foundation to Varda Liberman. The authors thank Lee Ross for his helpful comments, David Wenner for giving us access to a sample of experienced trial attorneys, and Janet Alexander and Jared Curhan for feedback on presentations and drafts.
Predicting Civil Jury Verdicts: How Attorneys Use (and Misuse) a Second Opinion
Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Special Issue: Judgment by the Numbers: Converting Qualitative to Quantitative Judgments in Law
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s1, pages 99–119, December 2011
How to Cite
Jacobson, J., Dobbs-Marsh, J., Liberman, V. and Minson, J. A. (2011), Predicting Civil Jury Verdicts: How Attorneys Use (and Misuse) a Second Opinion. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 8: 99–119. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2011.01229.x
- Issue published online: 22 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!