This research was supported by research grants from the State Justice Institute (Grant SJI-97-N-247), the National Science Foundation (Grant SBR9818806), and the American Bar Foundation, with additional support from Northwestern University Law School and Duke University Law School. We are indebted to an enlightened group of Arizona judges who, with an eye toward optimizing the jury trial, permitted the videotaping project to occur. For helpful comments and suggestions on this article, we thank Valerie Hans and the participants at the Cornell Conference on Judgment by Numbers, October 2010.
Damage Anchors on Real Juries
Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Special Issue: Judgment by the Numbers: Converting Qualitative to Quantitative Judgments in Law
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s1, pages 148–178, December 2011
How to Cite
Diamond, S. S., Rose, M. R., Murphy, B. and Meixner, J. (2011), Damage Anchors on Real Juries. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 8: 148–178. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2011.01232.x
- Issue published online: 22 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 22 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!