The authors thank Jaimie Graham for research assistance and contributions to earlier related work. Thanks to Katrina Wyman, Tim Guinnane, and the anonymous referees for their detailed comments on earlier drafts. For helpful discussion and questions, thanks to Jonathan Nash, Daniel Berkowitz, Henry Smith, Amnon Lehavi, and participants at the 2010 Canadian Law and Economics Association Meetings, 2010 Society for Empirical Legal Studies Conference, 2011 American Law & Economics Association Conference, and 2011 International Society for New Institutional Economics Conference. Ian Keay gratefully acknowledges financial support provided by SSHRC Grant 410-2007-0323. Cherie Metcalf gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Law Foundation of Ontario. All remaining errors and omissions remain the responsibility of the authors.
Property Rights, Resource Access, and Long-Run Growth
Article first published online: 27 OCT 2011
© 2011, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2011, Cornell Law School and Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 8, Issue 4, pages 792–829, December 2011
How to Cite
Keay, I. and Metcalf, C. (2011), Property Rights, Resource Access, and Long-Run Growth. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 8: 792–829. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2011.01241.x
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 27 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!