I am grateful to Amy Finkelstein and Jon Gruber for their guidance and advice and to Joe Doyle, Seth Seabury, and seminar participants at the Conference on Empirical Legal Studies, the American Law and Economics Association Annual Meeting, and the Harvard Law School Empirical Legal Studies Seminar for providing helpful comments. I am also grateful to the staff at the Research Data Center at the National Center for Health Statistics for their help with the National Hospital Discharge Survey files and to Ronen Avraham for graciously providing data on state tort laws. Funding from the National Institute on Aging, Grant Number T32-AG00186, is gratefully acknowledged.
Defensive Medicine and Obstetric Practices
Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages 457–481, September 2012
How to Cite
Frakes, M. (2012), Defensive Medicine and Obstetric Practices. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 9: 457–481. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2012.01259.x
- Issue online: 23 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 23 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!