The authors thank Professor Mike Green, as well as the faculties at the University of Georgia, University of Kentucky, and Wake Forest University law schools, for helpful comments on this article. They also thank Rachel Waters for her expert research assistance and all the torts professors who generously presented their students with their survey.
Does Tort Law Deter Individuals? A Behavioral Science Study
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 Cornell Law School and Wiley Subscription Services, Inc.
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages 567–603, September 2012
How to Cite
Cardi, W. J., Penfield, R. D. and Yoon, A. H. (2012), Does Tort Law Deter Individuals? A Behavioral Science Study. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 9: 567–603. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2012.01263.x
- Issue published online: 23 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!