I extend thanks for comments and discussions on this and related papers to Dick Fallon, Frank Michelman, Rick Pildes, Noah Feldman, Jesse Fried, Heather Gerken, Jeffrey Drope, Andrew Metrick, Josh Fischman, Lucian Bebchuk, Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, Richard Briffault, Darius Palia, Semi Kedia, Mihir Desai, Nell Minow, Barak Orbach, Taylor Lincoln, Charles Fried, participants in workshops at Harvard, Boston College, Columbia, Georgetown, University of Virginia, New York University, Wake Forest, Boston University, the Brennan Center, and the Conference on Empirical Legal Studies, and three anonymous reviewers. Jin-Hyuk Kim graciously provided data on corporate political activity, David Yermack and GMI graciously provided data on corporate jet use by CEOs, and Gail Tan, Ashton Kingsman, Katherine Petti, Alex Trepp, Amanda Vaughn, and Jason George provided excellent research assistance. All errors are mine; all rights are reserved.
Corporate Politics, Governance, and Value Before and After Citizens United
Article first published online: 6 NOV 2012
© 2012, Copyright the Author. Journal compilation © 2012, Cornell Law School and Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 9, Issue 4, pages 657–696, December 2012
How to Cite
Coates IV, J. C. (2012), Corporate Politics, Governance, and Value Before and After Citizens United. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 9: 657–696. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2012.01265.x
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 6 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!