We thank Jessica Erickson for providing her derivative suits data; the law firms that provided us with information on option backdating suits; Douglas Campbell, Nathan Chuang, Mitch Fagen, Tim Gerheim, Jonell Goco, Caroline Hunter, Patrick Luff, Stephen McKay, Jose Mendoza, Alex Ruge, Cephas Sekhar, Li Weng, and, especially, Ji Min Park for excellent research assistance, and Columbia Law School, Oxford University, University of Texas Law School, and the Searle Center on Law, Regulation and Economic Growth at Northwestern University for financial support. We thank Keith Bishop, Jill Fisch, Jeff Gordon, Colin Mayer, Tom Noe, Delaware Vice-Chancellor Travis Laster, and three anonymous JELS referees for helpful comments. The article has benefited from feedback at the American Law and Economics Association (2011 annual meeting), Canadian Law and Economics Association (2010 annual meeting), Conference on Empirical Legal Studies (2010), Harvard Law School, Stanford Law School, University of Illinois Law School, University of Leeds Law School, University of Oxford Saïd Business School, University of San Diego Law School, USD Law Center on Corporate and Securities Law, Vanderbilt Law School Conference on Corporate Law (2010), and Columbia Law School Conference on the Delaware Court of Chancery: Change and Continuity (2011). We are grateful for helpful discussions with various corporate lawyers, including Randall Baron, Peter Carter, Travis Downs, Joel Friedlander, Stuart Grant, William Lafferty, Mark Lebovitch, Roger Magnuson, Joe Metzler, Ted Mirvis, Stephen Radin, Lee Rudy, and Bryn Valler.
Is Delaware Losing its Cases?
Article first published online: 6 NOV 2012
© 2012, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2012, Cornell Law School and Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Journal of Empirical Legal Studies
Volume 9, Issue 4, pages 605–656, December 2012
How to Cite
Armour, J., Black, B. and Cheffins, B. (2012), Is Delaware Losing its Cases?. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 9: 605–656. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-1461.2012.01268.x
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 6 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!