Developing health website quality assessment guidelines for the voluntary sector: outcomes from the Judge Project
Version of Record online: 11 AUG 2004
Health Information & Libraries Journal
Volume 21, Issue Supplement s2, pages 14–26, September 2004
How to Cite
Childs, S. (2004), Developing health website quality assessment guidelines for the voluntary sector: outcomes from the Judge Project. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 21: 14–26. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-3324.2004.00520.x
- Issue online: 11 AUG 2004
- Version of Record online: 11 AUG 2004
- 1National Statistics. Internet access. Available from: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=8.
- 2Pew Internet and American Life Project. Internet Health Resources. Available from: http://www.pewinternet.org/reports/toc.asp?Report=95.
- 4Evaluation of websites that provide information on Alzheimer's disease. Health Informatics Journal 2003, 9, 17–31.&
- 5European Union. Quality Criteria for Health Related Websites. Available from: http://europa.eu.int/information_society/eeurope/ehealth/quality/draft_guidelines/index_en.htm.
- 6Hi.-Ethics. Health Internet Ethics: Ethical Principles for Offering Internet Health Services to Consumers. Available from: http://www.hiethics.com/Principles/index.asp.
- 7Internet Healthcare Coalition. eHealth Code of Ethics. Available from: http://www.ihealthcoalition.org/ethics/ethics.html.
- 8CHIQ. H i Quality Guidelines on Health Information Quality. Available from: http://www.hfht.org/hiquality/default.htm.
- 9NHS Health Development Agency and CHIQ. QUICK. The Quality Information ChecKlist. Available from: http://www.quick.org.uk/.
- 10Discern. Quality Criteria for Consumer Health Information. Available from: http://www.discern.org.uk/.
- 11Code of Conduct (HONcode) for Medical and Health Web Sites. Available from: http://www.hon.ch/HONcode/Conduct.html.
- 12TRUSTe. Privacy Seal. Available from: http://www.truste.org/.
- 13URAC. Health Web Site Accreditation. Available from: http://www.urac.org/consumer_healthwebsite.asp.
- 14Medical Circle. The Collaboration for Internet Rating, Certification, Labeling and Evaluation of Health Information. Available from: http://www.medcircle.org/.
- 15Proposed frameworks to improve the quality of health web sites: review. Medscape General Medicine 2000, 2, e35.&
- 30Theme issue. Consumers searching for health information on the Web. Journal of Medical Internet Research 2003, 5 (4).