Dr. N.M. Werpy's present address is Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523.
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING FINDINGS OF DESMOPATHY OF THE COLLATERAL LIGAMENTS OF THE EQUINE DISTAL INTERPHALANGEAL JOINT
Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2008
© 2009 American College of Veterinary Radiology
Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 21–31, January/February 2009
How to Cite
Gutierrez-Nibeyro, S. D., White, N. A., Werpy, N. M., Tyrrell, L., Allen, K. A., Sullins, K. E. and Mitchell, R. D. (2009), MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING FINDINGS OF DESMOPATHY OF THE COLLATERAL LIGAMENTS OF THE EQUINE DISTAL INTERPHALANGEAL JOINT. Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound, 50: 21–31. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-8261.2008.01485.x
Dr. L. Tyrrell's present address is Virginia Equine Imaging, P.O. Box 835, Middleburg, VA 20118.
Dr. K.A. Allen's present address is Virginia Equine Imaging, P.O. Box 835, Middleburg, VA 20118.
Dr. R.D. Mitchell's present address is Fairfield Equine Associates, 32 Barnabas Road, Newtown, CT 06470.
- Issue online: 23 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 23 DEC 2008
- Received December 31, 2007; accepted for publication June 23, 2008.
- 22002; 343–346., Desmitis of the distal interphalangeal collateral ligaments: 22 cases. Proceedings of the AAEP 48th Annual Convention,
- 32005; 359–365., Relationship between nuclear scintigraphy and standing MRI in 30 horses with lameness of the foot. Proceedings of the AAEP 51st Annual Convention,
- 5MRI: What are we learning from standing MRI in the sport horse. Proc Am Coll Vet Surg 2006;84–89.
- 62004; 248–256., Collateral desmitis of the distal interphalangeal joint in 62 horses (January 2001–December 2003). Proceedings of the AAEP 50th Annual Convention,
- 8Validation of magnetic resonance imaging use in equine limbs. Clin Tech Equine Pract 2007;6:26–36., , ,
- 9Asymmetric signal intensity in normal collateral ligaments of the distal interphalangeal joint in horses with a low field MRI system: a manifestation of the magic angle effect. Vet Radiol Ultrasound 2007;48:95–100., ,
- 10Magnetic resonance imaging of the equine patient: a comparison of high- and low- field systems. Clin Tech Equine Pract 2007;6:37–45.
- 112003; 29–41., , , Magnetic resonance imaging of the distal limb of the standing horse: technique and review of 40 cases of foot lameness. Proceedings of the 49th Annual Convention of the AAEP,
- 12Deep digital flexor tendonitis in the equine foot diagnosed by low-field magnetic resonance imaging in the standing patient: 18 cases. Vet Radiol Ultrasound 2005;46:458–466.,
- 13Magnetic resonance imaging of the equine foot. Clin Tech Equine Pract 2007;6:46–61.,
- 14American Association of Equine Practitioners. Definition and classification of lameness. Guide for veterinary service and judging of equestrian events. In: Proceedings of the 37th Annual Convention of the AAEP, 1991.
- 172003; 210–219., , What MRI is teaching us about navicular disease. Proceedings of the 49th Annual Convention of the AAEP,
- 19Treatment of tendons and ligament injuries with UBM powder (Acell-Vet). Proc Am Coll Vet Surg 2004;190–193.
- 20Collateral desmitis of the distal interphalangeal joint. Proc Am Coll Vet Surg 2007;94–98.,
- 25Casting techniques. In: NixonAJ (ed): Equine fracture repair. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1996;104–113.,
- 262006; 143–146.Magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosis of tendon and ligament injury introduction. Proceedings of American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Washington, DC,
- 282007; 22–29., , Review on magnetic resonance imaging systems available for use in equine patients and the implications of field strength on clinical imaging: comparison of high-and low field systems. Proceedings of the 53rd Annual Convention of the AAEP,
- 29Osseous trauma. Musculoskeletal MRI. Philadelphia W.B.: Saunders, 2001;151–167., , , ,
- 33Clinical investigation of foot pain. In: RossMW, DysonS. (eds): Diagnosis and management of lameness in the horse. St Louis: Saunders, 2003;242–249.,
- 35The distal phalanx and distal interphalangeal joint. In: RossMW, DysonS (eds): Diagnosis and management of lameness in the horse. St Louis: Saunders, 2003;314–315.
- 36Palmar or plantar process fractures of the distal phalanx in the riding horses: 22 cases (1994–2003). Equine Vet Educ 2008;20:40–46., ,
- 37Fractures of ossified cartilages of the foot: 10 cases. Equine Vet Educ 2006;18:136–139., ,
- 38Magnetic resonance imaging of tendon and ligament injuries. Clin Tech Equine Pract 2007;6:217–229.,