Funding for this study was provided by the American Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club Charitable Trust and a grant from the Department of Clinical Sciences of the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
MORPHOLOGY OF THE CAUDAL FOSSA IN CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIELS
Article first published online: 23 DEC 2008
© 2009 American College of Veterinary Radiology
Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 37–46, January/February 2009
How to Cite
CERDA-GONZALEZ, S., OLBY, N. J., McCULLOUGH, S., PEASE, A. P., BROADSTONE, R. and OSBORNE, J. A. (2009), MORPHOLOGY OF THE CAUDAL FOSSA IN CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIELS. Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound, 50: 37–46. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-8261.2008.01487.x
This work was presented in abstract form at the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine 24th Annual Forum, Louisville, KY, May 31–June 3, 2006.
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2008
- Received February 4, 2008; accepted for publication May 16, 2008.
- 1Canine syringomyelia: a painful problem in man's best friend. Br J Neurosurg 2007;21:468–469.
- 2Syringomyelia. UK Vet Companion Anim 2003;8:59–62.
- 10Persistent scratching in Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Vet Rec 1997;140:239–240.
- 14Disorders of brain development. In: AtlasSW, LaviE (eds): MRI of the brain and spine, 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven Publishers, 1996;183–188.,
- 17Update on Chiari malformation: clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and treatments. Pediatr Nurs 2003;29:331–335.
- 20Chiari type I malformation: overview of diagnosis and treatment. WMJ 2002;101:35–40., , ,
- 23Definition of the adult Chiari malformation: a brief historical overview. Neurosurg Focus 2001;11:1–8.
- 24Caudal occipital malformation syndrome in dogs. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 2004;26:886–895., , , ,
- 27Morphometric analysis of the cranial cavity and caudal cranial fossa in the dog: a computerized tomographic study. Vet Radiol Ultrasound 2004;45:38–45., , ,
- 31Syringomyelia and hydromyelia in dogs and cats. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet 2000;22:471–479., , , , ,
- 37Syringomyelia: current concepts in pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment. J Vet Intern Med 2006;20:469–479., ,
- 38Functional abnormalities of the cervical cord and lower medulla and their effects on pain: observations in chronic pain patients with incidental mild Chiari I malformation and moderate to severe spinal cord compression. Clin J Pain 2002;18:171–179., , , ,
- 39Headache and Chiari I malformation: clinical presentation, diagnosis, and controversies in management. Curr Pain Headache Rep 2002;6:331–337.,
- 47Developmental anomalies of the craniocervical junction and cervical spine. MRI ClinNorth Am 2000;8:651–674., ,
- 49Bony abnormalities of the craniocervical junction. Cent Afr J Med 2001;48:17–23., ,
- 53Severe spinal cord compression caused by a dorsally angulated dens. Progr Vet Neurol 1995;6:55–57., ,
- 54Suboccipital craniectomy, dorsal laminectomy of C1, durotomy and dural graft placement as a treatment for syringohydromyelia with cerebellar tonsil herniation in Cavalier King Charles spaniels. Vet Surg 2004;33:355–360., , , et al.