All Supply Chains Don't Flow Through: Understanding Supply Chain Issues in Product Recalls
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Management and Organization Review
Volume 4, Issue 2, pages 167–182, July 2008
How to Cite
Lyles, M. A., Flynn, B. B. and Frohlich, M. T. (2008), All Supply Chains Don't Flow Through: Understanding Supply Chain Issues in Product Recalls. Management and Organization Review, 4: 167–182. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-8784.2008.00106.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2008
- Manuscript received: February 25, 2008Final version accepted: March 17, 2008Accepted by: Anne S. Tsui
- 2007. Comparative social capital: Networks of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in China and Russia. Management and Organization Review, 3: 397–419.
- 2008. Toy recalls and China: Emotion vs. evidence. Management and Organization Review, 4: 197–209. , &
- 2007. The strategy of multinational enterprises in the light of the rise of China. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 23: 107–126.
- 2008. Guanxi dynamics: Shifts in the closeness of ties between Chinese coworkers. Management and Organization Review, 4: 63–80. , &
- 1996. Managerial learning in the transformation of Eastern Europe: Some key issues. Organization Studies, 17: 167–179. , &
- 1998. The artisans and entrepreneurs of dongyang county. Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharp. , &
- 1998. Betrayal of trust in organizations. Academy of Management Review, 23: 547–566. , &
- 1990. The supplier selection decision in strategic partnerships. Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, 26(4): 8–14.
- 2008. Having it all: Rigor versus relevance in supply chain management research. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 44(2): 63–67.
- 2008. An empirical study of supply chain champions. Working Paper, Indiana University Kelley School of Business. For presentation at Production and Operations Management Society Annual Meeting, La Jolla, May 2008.
- 2000. Manufacturing strategy: Text and cases (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Irwin McGraw-Hill.
- 1980. Culture's consequences: International differences in work-related values. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications.
- 1995. Trust: The connecting link between organizational theory and philosophical ethics. Academy of Management Review, 20: 379–403.
- 2002. Distribution and logistics development in China: The revolution has begun. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 32: 783–798. , &
- 2005. Guanxi, trust and long-term in orientations in Chinese business markets. Journal of International Marketing, 13(2): 20–56. , &
- 2001. A model of close business relationships in China (guanxi). European Journal of Marketing, 35: 51. , , &
- 1997a. Information distortion in a supply chain: The bullwhip effect. Management Science, 43: 546–558. , , &
- 1997b. The bullwhip effect in supply chains. Sloan Management Review, Spring: 93–102. , , &
- 2003. Total quality management principles and practices in China. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 20: 1026–2050. , , &
- 2006. Opportunism in inter-firm exchanges in emerging markets. Management and Organization Review, 2: 121–147.
- 2008. A strategic analysis of product recalls: The role of moral degradation and organizational control. Management and Organization Review, 4: 183–196.
- 2008. Transcript of interview with Robert Eckert, CEO and Chairman, Mattel. Business Horizons (in press).
- 1996. Learning from foreign parents in international joint ventures: An empirical examination in the Hungarian Context. Journal of International Business Studies, 27: 877–904. , &
- 2001. The effect of relationship dimensions on interpersonal and interorganizational commitment in organizations conducting business between Australia and China. Journal of Business Research, 52: 111–121. , &
- 2001. Cultural influences on total quality management adoption in Chinese enterprises: An empirical study. Total Quality Management, 12: 323–342.
- 2005. Governments, reciprocal exchange and trust among business associates. Journal of International Business Studies, 36: 104–118. , , &
- 2006. Power, satisfaction, and relationship commitment in Chinese store–tenant relationship and their impact on performance. Journal of Retailing, 82: 63–70. , , &
- 2008. Unraveling the food supply chain: Strategic insights from China and the 2007 recalls. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 44(1): 22–39. , , , &
- 1997. Globalization and regional integration. European Journal of Development Research, 9(1): 38–81.
- 2000. Explaining IJV survival in a transitional economy through social exchange and knowledge-based perspectives. Strategic Management Journal, 21: 831–852. , &
- 2008. The influence of power, learning, and conflict on the internalization of international joint ventures. Journal of International Business Studies, 39: 491–508. , , , , &
- 2000. Business dynamics: Systems thinking and modeling for a complex world. New York: McGraw Hill.
- 2007. From homogenizaton to pluralism: International management research in the academy and beyond. Academy of Management Journal, 50: 1353–1364.
- 2008. Envisioning the systematic practice of contextualized theory development. Management and Organization Review (in press).
- 2008. Drug scare puts China, suppliers under spotlight. Wall Street Journal Asia, 32(115): 1–28. , &
- 2006. Decision sciences research in China: A critical review and research agenda – foundations and overview. Decision Sciences, 37: 451–497. , , &
- 2007a. The impact of power and relationship commitment on integration between manufacturers in a supply chain. Journal of Operations Management (in press). , , , &
- 2007b. Decision Sciences Research in China: Current status, opportunities and propositions for research supply chain management, logistics and quality management. Decision Sciences, 38: 39–80. , , &
- 2002. Computer-integrated manufacturing. China: A report of industrial field surveys. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 22: 271–288. , &