His current research is on shrinking cities, urban dynamics, revival strategies and cross-border developments.
Shrinking cities amid urban congestion
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Royal Statistical Society
Special Issue: Megacities
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 75–78, June 2011
How to Cite
Wu, T. (2011), Two-speed urbanisation. Significance, 8: 75–78. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-9713.2011.00490.x
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2011
For more information on shrinking cities and strategies see the following websites: Shrinking Cities International Research Network, http://www.shrinkingcities.org; Cleveland Urban Design Collaborative, http://www.cudc.kent.edu/shrink/index.html; and http://www.shrinkingcities.com.
- 12011) Making Room for a Planet of Cities. Baltimore, MD: Lincoln Institute., , and (
- 2UN-HABITAT (2008) State of the World's Cities 2008/2009: Harmonious Cities. London: Earthscan, p. 40.
- 3Scientific and Research Non-Profit Partnership (2008) State of the Russian Cities. Moscow.
- 42010) Right-sizing done right: how planned shrinkage can save Detroit. http://www.planetizen.com/node/43881(