He is the author, with Deirdre McCloskey, of The Cult of Statistical Significance: How the Standard Error Costs Us Jobs, Justice, and Lives (University of Michigan Press, 2008).
Matrixx v. Siracusano and Student v. Fisher
Statistical significance on trial
Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2011
© 2011 The Royal Statistical Society
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 131–134, September 2011
How to Cite
Ziliak, S. T. (2011), Matrixx v. Siracusano and Student v. Fisher. Significance, 8: 131–134. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-9713.2011.00511.x
- Issue online: 25 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2011
- 31976) Comments on Savage's “On rereading R. A. Fisher”. Annals of Statistics 4 (3), 486–487.(
- 41885) Methods of statistics. In Jubilee Volume of the Statistical Society, pp. 181–217. London: Royal Statistical Society of Britain.(
- 52008) The Cult of Statistical Significance: How the Standard Error Costs Us Jobs, Justice, and Lives. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.and (
- 6Student (1904) The application of the “law of error” to the work of the brewery.
- 7Letter of William S. Gosset to Karl Pearson, c. April 1905, quoted in Egon S. Pearson (1939) “Student” as statistician. Biometrika, 30 (3/4), 215–216.
- 8Pearson, E. S. and Wishart, J. (eds) (1942) Student's Collected Papers. London: Biometrika Office, University College.
- 91941) Statistical Methods for Research Workers, 8th edn. Edinburgh: Oliver and Boyd.(
- 101926). Arrangement of field experiments. Journal of Ministry of Agriculture, 33, 503–513.(
- 112011) Field experiments in economics: Comment on an article by Levitt and List. CREATES Research Paper No. 2011–25, Aarhus University, Denmark. http://econ.au.dk/fileadmin/site_files/filer_oekonomi/Working_Papers/CREATES/2011/rp11_25.pdf.(
- 12Supreme Court of the United States, no. 09–1156, Matrixx Inititiaves, Inc., et al., Petitioner v. James Siracusano et al., On Writ of Certiorari to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, March 22, 2011. 25 pp., syllabus.
- 13Supreme Court of the United States, no. 09–1156, Matrixx Inititiaves, Inc., et al., Petitioner v. James Siracusano et al., On Writ of Certiorari to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, oral arguments, January 10, 2011. http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcripts/09-1156.pdf.
- 14Brief of Amici Curiae Statistics Experts Professors Deirdre N. McCloskey and Stephen T. Ziliak in Support of Respondents (vol. no. 09–1156, pp. 22). Washington DC: Supreme Court of the United States.and with et al. Counsel of Record (ed.),