Big data and city living – what can it do for us?
Article first published online: 9 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Royal Statistical Society
Special Issue: Big Data
Volume 9, Issue 4, pages 4–7, August 2012
How to Cite
Ann Keller, S., Koonin, S. E. and Shipp, S. (2012), Big data and city living – what can it do for us?. Significance, 9: 4–7. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-9713.2012.00583.x
- Issue published online: 9 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 9 AUG 2012
- 2http://blogs.census.gov/directorsblog/2011/05/designed-data-and-organic-data.html (accessed July 12th, 2012).,
- 3Federal Communications Commission (2011) Annual report and analysis of competitive market conditions with respect to mobile wireless, including commercial mobile services. Available at http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-11-103A1.pdf (accessed June 12th, 2012).
- 4JASON (2008) Data Analysis Challenges, JSR-08-142. McLean, VA : MITRE Corporation. Available at http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/dod/jason/data.pdf (accessed June 12th, 2012).
- 52012) Is there money in big data? Technology Review, May 3rd. Available at http://www.technologyreview.com/business/40320/?nlid=nlbus&nld=2012-05-04 (accessed June 12th, 2012).(
- 6Too much information, not enough intelligence, National Defense Magazine, May 2012.,