Pundits: The confidence trick: Better confident than right?
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Royal Statistical Society
Volume 10, Issue 4, pages 15–18, August 2013
How to Cite
Smith, B. and Wooten, J. (2013), Pundits: The confidence trick: Better confident than right?. Significance, 10: 15–18. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-9713.2013.00675.x
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2013
- 1Huffington Post (2008) Cramer called Bear Stearns “fine” just a week ago. Huffington Post, March 28th. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/17/cramer-called-bear-stearn_n_91878.html.
- 32009) Cramer's star outshines his stock picks. Barron's, February 9th. http://online.barrons.com/article/SB123397107399659271.html.(
- 42012). Under attack, Nate Silver picks the wrong defense. Public Editor's Journal, New York Times, November 1st. http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/under-attack-nate-silver-picks-the-wrong-defense/.(
- 5Pew Internet (2012) Trend data (adults). Pew Research Center. Retrieved from http://pewinternet.org/Static-Pages/Trend-Data-(Adults)/Usage-Over-Time.aspx in August 2012.
- 62004) VerbOcean: Mining the web for fine-grained semantic verb relations. In Proceedings of Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, Vol. 4, pp. 33–40. East Stroudsburg , PA : Association for Computational Linguistics.and (