Understanding the crisis in Somalia
Article first published online: 19 FEB 2014
© 2014 The Royal Statistical Society
Special Issue: Poverty and development
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 4–9, February 2014
How to Cite
Zeid, A. A. and Cochran, J. J. (2014), Understanding the crisis in Somalia. Significance, 11: 4–9. doi: 10.1111/j.1740-9713.2014.00717.x
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 19 FEB 2014
- 2Refugees International (2012) Gatekeepers and evictions: Somalia's displaced population at risk. Field report. http://refugeesinternational.org/sites/default/files/110112_Gatekeepers_and_Evictions%20letterhead.pdf (accessed August 15th, 2013).
- 4UNICEF (2012) Committing to Child Survival: A Promise Renewed. Progress Report 2012. New York: UNICEF. http://www.unicef.org/videoaudio/PDFs/APR_Progress_Report_2012_final.pdf (accessed December 29th, 2012).
- 5World Health Organization, UNICEF, United Nations Fund for Population Activities and World Bank (2012). Trends in Maternal Mortality: 1990 to 2010/WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA and The World Bank Estimates. Geneva: WHO. http://www.unfpa.org/webdav/site/global/shared/documents/publications/2012/Trends_in_maternal_mortality_A4-1.pdf (accessed December 29th, 2012).
- 6Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit – Somalia (2012) Food Security and Nutrition Analysis: Post Gu 2012. Technical Series Report No. VI. 48. http://www.fsnau.org/downloads/FSNAU-Post-Gu-2012-Technical-Report.pdf (accessed December 29th, 2012).
- 72006). Providing Aid in Insecure Environments: Trends in Policy and Operations. HPG Report 23. London: Overseas Development Institute. http://www.odi.org.uk/sites/odi.org.uk/files/odi-assets/publications-opinion-files/269.pdf (accessed December 29th, 2012)., and (
- 8United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (2012) Mid-year review of the consolidated appeal for Somalia 2012. http://www.unocha.org/cap/appeals/mid-year-review-consolidated-appeal-somalia-2012 (accessed December 29th, 2012).