This project was supported by a grant from the National Institute on Aging (RO1 AG18869-01), J. J. S. and K. P., Coprincipal Investigators. K. P. also acknowledges support from an Edward R. Royal Center grant from the National Institute on Aging (1 P30 AG022845). We wish to thank Jane T. Pillemer, Rebecca Powers, and Scott L. Feld for their helpful comments on earlier drafts of the article. We want to thank Michael Bisciglia, Rachel Brown, Ilana S. Feld, Alison Green, Kimberly Gusman, Jennifer Jones, Dorothy Mecum, Michael Patterson, and Monica Shackelford for their assistance in preparing the data for analysis and participating in the analysis of the qualitative data. We would also like to thank Paul Allison for his helpful suggestions regarding the data analysis. Finally, we thank Mary Ellen Colten and her colleagues at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, for collecting the data for the project.
“I’m Sure She Chose Me!” Accuracy of Children’s Reports of Mothers’ Favoritism in Later Life Families*
Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2006
Volume 55, Issue 5, pages 526–538, December 2006
How to Cite
Suitor, J. J., Sechrist, J., Steinhour, M. and Pillemer, K. (2006), “I’m Sure She Chose Me!” Accuracy of Children’s Reports of Mothers’ Favoritism in Later Life Families. Family Relations, 55: 526–538. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-3729.2006.00423.x
- Issue online: 21 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!