We express our appreciation to Tanya Davis, Justin Wax, and Allison Rayburn for their assistance in conducting and analyzing the research presented in this paper. Partial funding support of this project was provided by the LSU Council on Research and by a Jack Shand Research Award. We are also indebted to constructive comments from the guest editor, editor, and blind reviewers. Most of all, we are grateful to the participant families who shared their time and experiences with us without monetary compensation.
“Together, We Are Strong”: A Qualitative Study of Happy, Enduring African American Marriages*
Article first published online: 31 MAR 2008
© 2008 by the National Council on Family Relations
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 172–185, April 2008
How to Cite
Marks, L. D., Hopkins, K., Chaney, C., Monroe, P. A., Nesteruk, O. and Sasser, D. D. (2008), “Together, We Are Strong”: A Qualitative Study of Happy, Enduring African American Marriages. Family Relations, 57: 172–185. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-3729.2008.00492.x
- Issue published online: 31 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 31 MAR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!