Correspondence: Rutherford-McCowan Building, Bankend Road, Dumfries, DG14ZL, UK. Email: email@example.com
Coinage of the Term Environment: A Word Without Authority and Carlyle’s Displacement of the Mechanical Metaphor
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Special Issue: Literature and Philosophy in Nineteenth Century Britain
Volume 9, Issue 11, pages 708–720, November 2012
How to Cite
Jessop, R. (2012), Coinage of the Term Environment: A Word Without Authority and Carlyle’s Displacement of the Mechanical Metaphor. Literature Compass, 9: 708–720. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-4113.2012.00922.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!