AUTHOR's NOTE: I thank Jim Alt, Jeff Frieden, Michael Hiscox, William Howell, Robert Keohane, Andy Kydd, Helen Milner, Beth Simmons, Ken Shepsle, Joel Trachtenberg, and participants in seminars at Yale, Harvard, NYU, and Dartmouth College for valuable feedback on earlier versions of this article. I also thank Liliana Botcheva-Andonova, Olivia Lau, Phillip Lipscy, and Sarah Michaels for excellent research assistance.
The President and International Commitments: Treaties as Signaling Devices
Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2005
Presidential Studies Quarterly
Volume 35, Issue 3, pages 440–465, September 2005
How to Cite
MARTIN, L. L. (2005), The President and International Commitments: Treaties as Signaling Devices. Presidential Studies Quarterly, 35: 440–465. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-5705.2005.00259.x
- Issue online: 5 AUG 2005
- Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!