AUTHOR's NOTE: I gratefully acknowledge the help of Nolan McCarty who got me started on this project and helped me to think more rigorously about it. Chris Achen, Larry Bartels, Joshua Clinton, Fred Greenstein, Shigeo Hirano, Will Howell, George Krause, Adam Meirowitz, Tom Romer, and the Breakfast Club at Princeton University spent more time than I deserve talking about this project and teaching me how to do it better. Seminar participants at Princeton University and Harvard University provided many useful comments. The errors that remain are my own.
Staffing Alone: Unilateral Action and the Politicization of the Executive Office of the President, 1988-2004
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2005
Presidential Studies Quarterly
Volume 35, Issue 3, pages 496–514, September 2005
How to Cite
LEWIS, D. E. (2005), Staffing Alone: Unilateral Action and the Politicization of the Executive Office of the President, 1988-2004. Presidential Studies Quarterly, 35: 496–514. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-5705.2005.00261.x
- Issue published online: 5 AUG 2005
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!