AUTHOR'S NOTE: I wish to thank Shira Markoff of American University for assistance on portions of this data collection effort. Special thanks to Mark Durant of the University of Georgia for building the Java computer program informing portions of the analysis, as well as to Jennifer Durant for her technical assistance on this project. I also wish to thank George Edwards and the anonymous PSQ reviewers for their guidance. Any errors, of course, remain mine alone. An earlier version of this article was presented at Hofstra University's conference on “William Jefferson Clinton: The ‘New Democrat’ from Hope.”
A “New Covenant” Kept: Core Values, Presidential Communications, and the Paradox of the Clinton Presidency
Article first published online: 24 AUG 2006
Presidential Studies Quarterly
Volume 36, Issue 3, pages 345–372, September 2006
How to Cite
DURANT, R. F. (2006), A “New Covenant” Kept: Core Values, Presidential Communications, and the Paradox of the Clinton Presidency. Presidential Studies Quarterly, 36: 345–372. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-5705.2006.02552.x
- Issue published online: 24 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 24 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!