AUTHORS' NOTE: We greatly appreciate thoughtful, helpful comments from Jon Bond, Brandice Canes-Wrone, Gary Cox, Richard Fleisher, Bernard Grofman, Mathew McCubbins, Anthony McGann, and an anonymous reviewer. We thank all of them. Also, UC Irvine and UCI's Center for the Study of Democracy generously supported this project.
Opportunism in Polarization: Presidential Success in Senate Key Votes, 1953-2008
Article first published online: 4 JUL 2011
© 2011 Center for the Study of the Presidency
Presidential Studies Quarterly
Volume 41, Issue 3, pages 488–503, September 2011
How to Cite
BECKMANN, M. N. and KUMAR, V. (2011), Opportunism in Polarization: Presidential Success in Senate Key Votes, 1953-2008. Presidential Studies Quarterly, 41: 488–503. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-5705.2011.03883.x
- Issue published online: 4 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 4 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!