AUTHORS' NOTE: We thank Jamie L. Carson, Andrew D. Martin, Gary J. Miller, Steven S. Smith, and James F. Spriggs for comments on earlier drafts of this manuscript. Lynch thanks the Kansas University Institute for Policy and Social Research and Owens thanks the George H. W. Bush Library Foundation for generous financial support of this research. All errors remain our own.
Assessing Congressional Responses to Growing Presidential Powers: The Case of Recess Appointments
Article first published online: 4 JUL 2011
© 2011 Center for the Study of the Presidency
Presidential Studies Quarterly
Volume 41, Issue 3, pages 570–589, September 2011
How to Cite
BLACK, R. C., LYNCH, M. S., MADONNA, A. J. and OWENS, R. J. (2011), Assessing Congressional Responses to Growing Presidential Powers: The Case of Recess Appointments. Presidential Studies Quarterly, 41: 570–589. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-5705.2011.03887.x
- Issue published online: 4 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 4 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!