AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thanks to Matthew Beckmann, Tony Bertelli, Karen Hult, Justin Vaughn, and Adam Warber for helpful comments at various stages, and to the American Philosophical Society for its financial support of this research. Thanks also to the staffs of the Hoover Institution Archives, the John F. Kennedy Library, the Richard M. Nixon Library, the Ronald Reagan Library, and of the National Archives and Records Administration facility in College Park, Maryland.
The Contemporary Presidency: Executive Orders and Presidential Unilateralism
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2012
© 2012 Center for the Study of the Presidency
Presidential Studies Quarterly
Special Issue: The Presidency and Economic Governance in Hazardous Times
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 138–160, March 2012
How to Cite
RUDALEVIGE, A. (2012), The Contemporary Presidency: Executive Orders and Presidential Unilateralism. Presidential Studies Quarterly, 42: 138–160. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-5705.2012.03945.x
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!