AUTHOR'S NOTE: I would like to thank Louis Fisher, Joel Goldstein, John Feerick, Don Wallace, Jr., Harold Relyea, Mort Rosenberg, Mitch Sollenberger, Fred Karem, Seth Barrett Tillman, Russell Coleman and Josiah Brownell for their helpful comments and Kathy Reinke for her word processing assistance. The opinions expressed herein and any errors are the author's alone.
The Law: Can the President Recess Appoint a Vice President?
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2012
© 2012 Center for the Study of the Presidency
Presidential Studies Quarterly
Volume 42, Issue 3, pages 622–636, September 2012
How to Cite
BROWNELL II, R. E. (2012), The Law: Can the President Recess Appoint a Vice President?. Presidential Studies Quarterly, 42: 622–636. doi: 10.1111/j.1741-5705.2012.03995.x
- Issue published online: 19 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!