HB, EJ, KNK, LW and PG designed the study. HB and KNK managed the translation and adaptation process with assistance from BMcC. HB and KNK collected the data with support from EH and EJ. HB, KNK and PG made the statistical analyses and interpreted the findings.
Swedish Translation, Adaptation and Psychometric Evaluation of the Context Assessment Index (CAI)
Article first published online: 30 MAY 2012
© 2012 The authors. World Views on Evidence-Based Nursing © Sigma Theta Tau International
Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 41–50, February 2013
How to Cite
Cite this article as: Swedish Translation, Adaptation and Psychometric Evaluation of the Context Assessment Index (CAI). WVN 2013;xx:1–10., , , , , ,
KNK and HB drafted the manuscript with assistance from LW and BMcC. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
- Issue published online: 1 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 30 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2012
- 2008). Developing an instrument for evaluating implementation of clinical practice guidelines: A test-retest study. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, 14, 839–846. , , & (
- 2000). Guidelines for the process of cross-cultural adaptation of self-report measures. Spine, 25(24), 3186–3191. , , & (
- 2011). Defining and assessing organizational culture. Nursing Forum, 46(1), 29–37. (
- 2006). Confirmatory factor analysis for applied research. New York: The Guilford press. (
- 1996). From impressions to data: Increasing the objectivity of cognitive interviews. Proceedings of the section on survey research methods, American Statistical Association. Retrieved February 28, 2009, from http://www.amstat.org/sections/srms/Proceedings/. & (
- 2006). The relationship between organisational characteristics and the effects of clinical guidelines on medical performance in hospitals, a meta-analysis. BMC Health Services Research, 6, 53. , , , , , & (
- 2003). Cognitive interviewing: Verbal data design and pretesting of questionnaires. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 42(1), 57–63. (
- 2009). Development and assessment of the Alberta Context Tool. BMC Health Services Research, 9, 234. , , , & (
- 2007). Managerial leadership for nurses’ use of research evidence: An integrative review. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 4(3), 126–145. , , , & (
- 2004). Diffusion of innovations in service organizations: Systematic review and recommendations. The Milbank Quarterly, 82(4), 581–629. , , , & (
- 2001). Successes and failures in the implementation of evidence-based guidelines for clinical practice. Medical Care, 39(8 Suppl 2), II-46–II-54. (
- 1993). Cross-cultural adaptation of health related quality of life measures: Literature review and proposed guidelines. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 46(12), 1417–1432. , & (
- 2009). Organizational readiness to change assessment (ORCA): Development of an instrument based on the Promoting Action on Research in Health Services (PARIHS) framework. Implementation Science, 4, 38. , , & (
- 2010). A critical synthesis of the literature on Promoting Action on Research Implementation in Health Services (PARIHS) framework. Implementation Science, 5, 82. , , , , , , , , & (
- 2010). The BARRIERS scale—the barriers to research utilization scale: A systematic review. Implementation Science, 5, 32. , , , , & (
- 1998). Enabling the implementation of evidence based practise: A conceptual framework. Quality & Safety in Health Care, 7, 149–158. , & (
- 2002). Getting evidence into practice: The meaning of context. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 38(1), 94–104. , , , , & (
- 2009). Development and testing of the Context Assessment Index (CAI). Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 6(1), 27–35. , , , & (
- 1995). Individual-patient monitoring in clinical practice: are available health status surveys adequate? Quality of Life Research, 4(4), 293–307. & (
- 2006). Assessing the relationships between contextual factors and research utilization in nursing: Systematic literature review. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 55(5), 622–635. , , , , & (
- 1998–2010). Mplus version 6.1. Los Angeles, CA: Muthén & Muthén. & (
- The National Board of Health and Welfare. (2008). Vårdskador inom somatisk slutenvård (Care related injuries in health-care) In Swedish. Stockholm, Sweden: The National Board of Health and Welfare.
- 2008). Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice, 8th edn. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. & (
- 2002). Ingredients for change: Revisiting a conceptual framework. Quality and Safety in Health Care, 11, 174–180. , , , , , & (
- 2004). The PARIHS framework—a framework for guiding the implementation of evidence-based practice. Journal of Nursing Care, 19(4), 297–304. (
- 2004). An exploration of the factors that influence the implementation of evidence into practice. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 13, 913–924. , , , , & (
- 2008). Evidence-informed practice: From individual to context. Journal of Nursing Management, 16, 404–408. (
- 1998). How good is the quality of health care in the United States? The Milbank Quarterly, 76(4), 517–563. , & (
- Swedish Council of Health and Technology Assessment. (2010). Varför behövs evidens och utvärdering? [In Swedish]. Retrieved October 20, 2010, from http://www.sbu.se.
- 2006). Development and validation of a derived measure of research utilization by nurses. Nursing Research, 55(3), 149–160. , , & (
- 1997). MAP-R for windows: Multitrait/Multi-item analysis program—revised user's guide. Boston, MA: Health Assessment Lab. , , , & (
- World Health Organization. (2004). World report on knowledge for better health. Process of translation and adaptation of instruments. Retrieved January 14, 2009, from http://www.who. int/en/.
- World Health Organization. (2009). Procen of translation and adaptation of instruments. Retrieved March 3, 2009, from http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/research_tools/translation/en/index.html.
- 2005). Principles of good practice for the translation and cultural adaptation process for patient reported outcomes (PRO) measures: Report of the ISPOR task force for translation and cultural adaptation. Value in Health, 8(2), 94–104. , , , , & (
- 2007). Evaluating the context within which continence care is provided in rehabilitation units for older people. International Journal of Older People Nursing, 2(1), 9–19. , , & (