Disclosures P. Sobocki and M. Ekman received funding for this study from Wyeth. At the time this study was completed, P. Sobocki was an employee of European Health Economics, Stockholm, Sweden. A. Ovanfors and R. Khandker are employees of Wyeth. B. Jönsson has been a consultant and speaker for several companies marketing antidepressants, including Wyeth.
The cost-utility of maintenance treatment with venlafaxine in patients with recurrent major depressive disorder
Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2008
© 2008 The Authors
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 62, Issue 4, pages 623–632, April 2008
How to Cite
Sobocki, P., Ekman, M., Ovanfors, A., Khandker, R. and Jönsson, B. (2008), The cost-utility of maintenance treatment with venlafaxine in patients with recurrent major depressive disorder. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 62: 623–632. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2008.01711.x
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Creative Commons Deed, Attribution 2.5, which does not permit commercial exploitation.
- Issue online: 6 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 15 FEB 2008
- Paper received September 2007, accepted January 2007
- 12Recurrence prevention: Efficacy of Two Years of Maintenance Treatment with Venxalafine XR in Patients with Recurrent Unipolar Major Depression. Toronto, ON: American Psychiatric Association Meeting, 20–25 May 2006., , et al.
- 17SCB. Statistical Year Book of Sweden. Stockholm: SCB, 2006.
- 21General guidelines for economic evaluations from the Pharmaceutical Benefits Board (LFNAR 2003:2). Stockholm, 2003.
- 22Handling uncertainty when performing economic evaluation of health care interventions. Health Technol Assess 1999; 3: 35–60., .
- 29Health services need knowledge of how the public values health. Läkartidningen 2003; 100: 3436–7., .
- 33American Psychiatric Association (APA). Practice guideline for the treatment of patients with major depressive disorder (revision). Am J Psychiatry 2000; 157: 1–45.
- 35AHCPR. Treatment of Major Depression. AHCPR 93-0551, Vol. 2, No. 5. Rockeville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Policy and Research, 1993.
- 36The Swedish Council on Technology Assessment in Health Care (SBU). Behandling av depressionssjukdomar – En systematisk litteraturöversikt (Treatment of depression). SBU report No 166/3. Stockholm: The Swedish Council on Technology Assessment in Health Care (SBU), 2004.
- 37Betalningsviljan för ett kvalitetsjusterat levnadsår – en pilotstudie. Institutet för Hälsoekonomi. http://www.ihe.se/publiceringar/ihe_e-rapport_2005_1.htm (accessed April 2005)., , et al.