Disclosures Paul Valensi has served as chairman to the advisory board and has given lectures for Novo Nordisk. Janusz Gumprecht and Robert Ligthelm have participated in advisory boards and in speakers’ bureaus for Novo Nordisk. Marian Benroubi, Vito Borzi, Ryuzo Kawamori, Joseph Shaban, Siddharth Shah, Marina Shestakova and Yang Wenying have no conflicts to disclose.
Intensification to biphasic insulin aspart 30/70 (BIAsp 30, NovoMix® 30) can improve glycaemic control in patients treated with basal insulins: a subgroup analysis of the IMPROVE™ observational study
Article first published online: 9 APR 2009
© 2009 Novo Nordisk A/S. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 63, Issue 6, pages 966–972, June 2009
How to Cite
Gumprecht, J., Benroubi, M., Borzi, V., Kawamori, R., Shaban, J., Shah, S., Shestakova, M., Wenying, Y., Ligthelm, R., Valensi, P. and on behalf of the IMPROVE™ Study Group Expert Panel (2009), Intensification to biphasic insulin aspart 30/70 (BIAsp 30, NovoMix® 30) can improve glycaemic control in patients treated with basal insulins: a subgroup analysis of the IMPROVE™ observational study. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 63: 966–972. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2009.02064.x
Clinical trial registration The study is registered with ClinicalTrial.gov and has the following identifier: NCT00659282.
Clinical trial data posting No results have been posted.
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Creative Commons Deed, Attribution 2.5, which does not permit commercial exploitation.
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2009
- Paper received February 2009, accepted March 2009
- 5Medical management of hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes: a consensus algorithm for the initiation and adjustment of therapy. Diabetes Care 2008; 31: 1–11., , et al.
- 6A real-world approach to insulin therapy in primary care practice. Clin Diabetes 2005; 23: 78–86., , et al.
- 7Insulin regimens for type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Fam Pract 2006; 55: 10S–17S..
- 13for the Lispro Mixture-Glargine Study Group. Combined therapy with insulin lispro mix 75/25 plus metformin or insulin glargine plus metformin: a 16-week, randomised, open-label, crossover study in patients with type 2 diabetes beginning insulin therapy. Clin Ther 2004; 26: 2034–44., , et al.,
- 18PRESENT Study Group. When glycaemic targets can no longer be achieved with basal insulin in type 2 diabetes, can simple intensification with a modern premixed insulin help? Results from a subanalysis of the PRESENT study. Int J Clin Pract 2008; 62: 1013–8., , ,
- 19on behalf of the IMPROVE™ Study Group Expert Panel. The IMPROVE™ study – a multinational, observational study in type 2 diabetes: baseline characteristics from eight national cohorts. Int J Clin Pract 2008; 62: 1809–19., , et al.,