Disclosures Thomas M. MacDonald has been paid consulting fees by Pfizer, Novartis, Kaiser Permanante, Takeda, Recordati and Speedel. His department has had research grants from GSK, Aventis, AstraZeneca, BMS, Pfizer, Boehringer Ingelheim and Novartis.
The effects of lumiracoxib 100 mg once daily vs. ibuprofen 600 mg three times daily on the blood pressure profiles of hypertensive osteoarthritis patients taking different classes of antihypertensive agents
Version of Record online: 9 APR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 64, Issue 6, pages 746–755, May 2010
How to Cite
MacDonald, T. M., Richard, D., Lheritier, K. and Krammer, G. (2010), The effects of lumiracoxib 100 mg once daily vs. ibuprofen 600 mg three times daily on the blood pressure profiles of hypertensive osteoarthritis patients taking different classes of antihypertensive agents. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 64: 746–755. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2010.02346.x
Dominik Richard, Gerhard Krammer and Karine Lheritier are employees of Novartis and own shares in the company.
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/authorresources/onlineopen.html
- Issue online: 9 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 9 APR 2010
- Paper received March 2009, accepted December 2009
- 9VIOXX® (rofecoxib tablets and oral suspension) [package insert]. Merck & Co, Inc. Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889; August 2004.http://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/v/vioxx/vioxx_pi.pdf (accessed 03 Feb 2010).
- 10Improved blood pressure control but similar efficacy with lumiracoxib 100 mg od compared to ibuprofen 600 mg tid in hypertensive patients with osteoarthritis: randomized controlled trial [Abstract SAT0239]. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66(Suppl. II): 502., , , , , .
- 12Brufen 600 mg Tablets [summary of product characteristics]. Abbott Laboratories Limited, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4XE, UK; Jan 2010. http://emc.medicines.org.uk/medicine/10850/SPC/Brufen+600+mg+Tablets (accessed 03 Feb 2010).
- 15Celecoxib is as effective as ibuprofen in treating pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee (abstract). Ann Rheum Dis 2005; 64(Suppl. III): 495., , et al.
- 20Interaction between antihypertensive and NSAIDs in primary care: a controlled trial. Can J Clin Pharmacol 2008; 15: e372–82. Epub 2008 October 24., , , .
- 23The Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. NIH Publication No. 04-5230; August 2004. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/hypertension/jnc7full.pdf (accessed 03 Feb 2010).
- 25Blood pressure profile of lumiracoxib is similar to placebo in arthritis patients [Abstract P309]. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2006; 14(Suppl. 2): S168–9., , , , , .