Disclosures JM has received consulting and research grant from Bayer Healthcare/Onyx; AV has received research funding from Bayer Healthcare/Onyx; MK has received lecture fee from Bayer Healthcare/Onyx.
Design and rationale for the non-interventional Global Investigation of therapeutic DEcisions in hepatocellular carcinoma and Of its treatment with sorafeNib (GIDEON) study
Article first published online: 16 JUN 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 64, Issue 8, pages 1034–1041, July 2010
How to Cite
Lencioni, R., Marrero, J., Venook, A., Ye, S.-L. and Kudo, M. (2010), Design and rationale for the non-interventional Global Investigation of therapeutic DEcisions in hepatocellular carcinoma and Of its treatment with sorafeNib (GIDEON) study. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 64: 1034–1041. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2010.02414.x
Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/authorresources/onlineopen.html
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 16 JUN 2010
- Paper received January 2010, accepted March 2010
- 9National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Guidelines in Oncology 2009. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp (accessed April 2010).
- 16European Medicines Agency. Volume 9A of the Rules Governing Medicinal Products in the European Union. http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/pharmaceuticals/eudralex/vol-9/pdf/vol9a_09-2008.pdf (accessed April 2010).
- 20NCT00692770. Sorafenib as Adjuvant Treatment in the Prevention of Recurrence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma (STORM). http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00692770?term=nct00692770&rank=1 (accessed April 2010).
- 21NCT00855218. A Phase II Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of Sorafenib or Placebo in Combination With Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE) Performed With DC Bead and Doxorubicin for Intermediate Stage Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC). http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00855218?term=nct00855218&rank=1 (accessed April 2010).
- 22NCT00494299. Phase III Study of BAY 43-9006 in Japanese Patients With Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00494299?term=nct00494299&rank=1 (accessed April 2010).
- 23NCT00901901. Nexavar-Tarceva Combination Therapy for First Line Treatment of Patients Diagnosed With Hepatocellular Carcinoma (SEARCH). http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00901901?term=nct00901901&rank=1 (accessed April 2010).