Disclosures Karin Coyne and Chris Sexton are employees of United BioSource Corporation, who were paid scientific consultants to Pfizer in connection with the development of the manuscript. Christopher Chapple is a scientific consultant and researcher with Allergan, Astellas, Novartis, and Pfizer. Steven Kaplan is a consultant and lecturer with Pfizer. Zoe Kopp, Tara Symonds and Lalitha Padmanabhan Aiyer are employees of Pfizer. Additional editorial support was provided by Tracy Johnson and Janet E. Matsuura, PhD, at Complete Healthcare Communications, Inc., and was funded by Pfizer, Inc.
Assessing patients’ descriptions of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) and perspectives on treatment outcomes: results of qualitative research
Version of Record online: 22 JUN 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 64, Issue 9, pages 1260–1278, August 2010
How to Cite
Coyne, K. S., Sexton, C. C., Kopp, Z., Chapple, C. R., Kaplan, S. A., Aiyer, L. P. and Symonds, T. (2010), Assessing patients’ descriptions of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) and perspectives on treatment outcomes: results of qualitative research. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 64: 1260–1278. doi: 10.1111/j.1742-1241.2010.02450.x
- Issue online: 13 JUL 2010
- Version of Record online: 22 JUN 2010
- Paper received April 2010, accepted May 2010
- 2EMEA, Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products. Reflection Paper on the Regulatory Guidance for the Use of Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQL) Measures in the Evaluation of Medicinal Products. London: European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products, 2004.
- 3FDA. Guidance for Industry. Patient-Reported Outcome Measures: Use in Medical Product Development to Support Labeling Claims. Silver Spring, MD: . U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, 2009: 1–39.
- 7Benign prostatic hyperplasia specific health status measures in clinical research: how much change in the American Urological Association symptom index and the benign prostatic hyperplasia impact index is perceptible to patients? J Urol 1995; 154: 1770–4., , et al.
- 11Filling and voiding symptoms in the American Urological Association symptom index: the value of their distinction in a Veterans Affairs randomized trial of medical therapy in men with a clinical diagnosis of benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol 2000; 164: 1559–64., , et al.